Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Multi-Syllabic Words

Hello Again,

It's been a while.  The year is coming to an end and at this time of year, things get very busy.  I just wanted to let you all know, that I will be posting over the summer. However, it will not be as frequent.  I'll be working on some activities and searching for more resources.  When I find interesting tidbits, I'll surely pass it on to you folks.  Also, if I finish a project over the summer, I'll post a link with a description.

This year and for a good portion of the next school year, I will be working with my groups on recognizing and articulating multi-syllabic words. This is very challenging for my students because of their language and learning based disabilities. Today, I want to share with all of you a website that I found to be very helpful to generate ideas for developing lessons that focus on this topic. The Florida Center for Reading Research is one resource that in my opinion is excellent!  If you are looking for ways to teach vocabulary, like multi-syllabic words, take a look at this site.  It has lesson plans, activities and games that help students to acquire reading and comprehension skills.  At the same time, it helps educators  and parents by breaking down reading into fun lessons by grade, by sharing research based techniques and by sharing great ideas. I hope you find it helpful.

Here is the web address for The Florida Center for Reading Research:
http://www.fcrr.org

If you want access to the multi-syllabic lesson from The Florida Center for Reading Research, click on the link.        

MULTISYLLABIC-WORD-GAMES

I hope you all have a fun and safe summer!  Make sure to drop by and read my posts over the summer. One is a review of a beautiful book one of my friends has written-I don't want you to miss out on that one, especially if you are looking to read multi-cultural books to your students or your children!

I hope you all have a fun and safe summer!

Beverly


No comments:

Post a Comment