Monday, April 22, 2013

Two Amazing Books to Teach Character, Vocabulary and Comprehension



Hello All,


I hope you were able to take advantage of all the links posted from all creative and talented teachers that contributed to my first "link party"! Thank you for sharing your work with us!  In the near future, I will host another "link party".  Next time it will be a different theme.

These past few weeks, I've been focusing on Character Education lessons.  Now since I work with special needs and language impaired children my character lessons target vocabulary and comprehension skills.  Last week, I made activities based on the book, My Friend and I by Lisa Jahn-Clough.  This week my lesson began with another book by the same author, Alicia Has a Bad Day.

I love these two books, as I was able to make interesting and motivating activities to go along with the book.   I was very pleased because I read to books out loud for my kiddos and it kept their attention.  The simple short sentences coupled with the vivid illustrations, captivated my students and inspired me to create fun lessons.
This book helped my students with their social skills

Besides comprehension and vocabulary, my students were able to practice social skills.  They gave each other compliments and stated why they appreciate each other.
The illustrations captured my students' attention



If you will like the activity I produced for my students, CLICK HERE.

Also, I constructed other activities for the book, Alicia Has a Bad Day.  


These activities are available at my TpT store.  CLICK HERE


Keep visiting for more opportunities to "link up", freebies and giveaways.

Have fun,

Beverly



No comments:

Post a Comment