Monday, February 11, 2013

Love at First Website!

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'd like to share some fun websites that I've 'fallen in love' with and frequently use.  What I'll do is break it up into a few categories and provide you with a link to the internet resource!  :)

Animals/Pets


Careers/Jobs


(kid friendly website featuring videos and vignettes or descriptions of various jobs)

Listening and Environmental Sounds

http://www.findsounds.com/types.html (hear and download common/familiar sounds, all sounds are categorized)

http://www.manythings.org/ac/ (audio concentration games)

(activities to practice either vocabulary or grammar in a unit)

http://pbskids.org/lions/games/ears.html (listening for beginning sounds in words)

This is my ultimate favorite!  

I collect data as a service provider and since I like to learn visually, looking at my stats in charts and graphs makes it easier to write reports and explain progress to parents.  I use this website frequently and it is one that I've truly 'fallen in love' with, plus it's free-even better!


Here is one of the graphs I've created with the online chart tool:

Tracking mean length of utterance was efficient and professional


It was 'love at firs sight or website' for me.  I hope you can also begin falling in love with these tools.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Regards,

Graphics by: My Cute Graphics
Beverly        







6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... data... one of my least favorite math conditions- and I love math! You're off to a good start with your new blog! It's fun, isn't it? :) I'm taking this opportunity to nominate you for a Liebster Blog award. It's for people who have thrown their hats into the blog ring and a chance for us to help spread the word! Hop over to my blog for the details. I look forward to your future posts. :) Pam

    http://destoplearningadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I will be looking over your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great resources! I'm your newest follower. I'm just starting out a blog too! It's exciting to learn about everything! If you have time I'd love to have you stop by my blog sometime!

    Thanks!
    Melissa
    Jungle Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing all these great links. I am inspired to work on my blog more and I wouldn't have thought to post links on blog. It's the small silly things that you forget about. Thanks again

    Hollie
    Kindness Counts in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you reminded me of the Lion Ears game. I used it at the beginning of the school year but have one that could use a brush up. Love a list of great resources. Have you ever tried the phoneme manipulation games on the Garfield site? They are pretty good too.

    Leslie - Teach Junkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I have not. Thank you for the tip. I'm going to look over it. Do you have the direct link? Thank you for following the blog. :)

    I'll be posting more ideas and resources soon.

    ReplyDelete